At Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (TCSOL) from University of Nottingham you will gain the knowledge to successfully prepare, design and deliver Chinese language programmes in local and global teaching contexts.
Our teaching is informed by leading research, and our range of optional modules reflect the latest in applied linguistics and language teacher education. This will ensure you well prepared to commence a career this field.
Our graduates go on to a varied range of careers within the teaching sector. Example roles include: counsellors, education advisers, language tutors, primary/secondary teachers and vocational/industrial trainers and instructors.
You will also be well placed to commence doctoral studies in applied linguistics, education and social science.
Many of our graduates are already in employment while undertaking part-time study for professional development in their chosen career.
- Language Teaching: Methodology and Curriculum
- Understanding L2 Chinese Learning and the Learner
- Exploring TCSOL in Context
- Assessment in Language Education
- Managing Language Teaching and Developing Teachers
- Materials and Technology in Language Education
- Teaching Languages to Younger Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching Linguistics View 422 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- 2:2 (or international equivalent), preferably with some experience of classroom language teaching, or a language teaching methodology component in previous course
- We accept a wide range of qualifications from all over the world.
- Applicants whose first language is not Chinese should also hold a HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi/Chinese Proficiency Test) Level 5 certificate or a degree in a discipline with substantial Chinese language content
- English language requirements
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.