The Neuroscience program of University of Guelph permits students to combine their departmental degree with multidisciplinary exposure to the field of Neuroscience. This combination of multidisciplinary studies provides students with the best possible foundation for academic careers in Neuroscience and related areas. The specialization fosters strong collaborative efforts between faculty and students working across various levels of analysis, including molecular, cellular, systems, and behavioural research.
In addition to their home department’s core requirements, students enrolled in the collaborative specialization in Neuroscience must complete: NEUR*6000 Principles in Neuroscience and NEUR*6100 Seminar in Neuroscience.
Are you interested in:
- Behavioural Neuroscience
- Veterinary Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Principles of Neuroscience
- Seminar in Neuroscience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience View 121 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
- An Honours B.A. or B.Sc. (or its equivalent) in Psychology or an allied field (Neuroscience, Applied Cognitive Science)
- A minimum of a B+ admission GPA which must be calculated in a very particular way.
- For international applicants the admission GPA is cumulative.
- Students are normally expected to have taken courses across the breadth of psychology with some courses in the field to which they are applying.
- A strong background in methodology and statistics is expected.
- Applicants are expected to have undertaken a senior honours thesis project or senior research project equivalent.
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.