Students learn about farming and food systems, being good communicators and facilitators, and to able to turn theory into action. Students also learn how to reflect and to open up to new ideas while recognizing the goals, needs and interests of their co-workers.
The Master in Agroecology at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) is designed to develop agroecologists that will be successful contributors to future food systems including production, economy, environmental impacts, and social equity issues.
The first semester (30 cr.) is a transdisciplinary approach to:
- social issues in farming and food systems.
The focus is on agroecosystems, on holistic methodology for their study, evaluation and improvement, attitudes, ethics and values, and on individual and group-based learning. Learning is based on exploring real-life farm and food systems cases. The casework experience is supported by lectures, seminars and supervision, and the goal is to develop competency for responsible action by linking theory and practice. After the first semester, elective courses (30 or 60 cr) give options for tailoring the students’ subject profiles. A master thesis (30 or 60 cr) concludes the MSc. program of 120 cr in total, approved by the advisors, may also include studies at cooperating universities.
- Aquaculture - Breeding and Genetics
- Primary Production -Aquaculture and Fisheries
- Aquatic Food Processing and Technology
- Safety and Human Health Effects of Aquatic Food
- Marine Resources, Research and innovation
- General Aquaculture - Nutrition
- Aquaculture Nutrition
- Production Technology in Aquaculture
- Planning and Design of Intensive Fish Farms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification in relevant field
- Documented English qualifications
- Motivation letter
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.