The Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Urban Design from University of Auckland gives you a sound platform for the realities of contemporary practice. In less time than it takes to complete the two degrees separately, you will gain a professionally-recognised urban planning qualification, and explore the design aspects of buildings, public spaces and networks.
Completion of this programme will prepare you to practise as an urban planner at either local or central government level, as well as in private practice. You will also have the skills to contribute as an urban designer in the community and in industry.
Jobs related to this programme
- Built environment consultant
- Environmental designer/planner
- Private practitioner
- Resource consent planner
- Urban designer
- Urban planner
This qualification is accredited by the New Zealand Planning Institute (NZPI).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Planning Contexts
- Urban Planning Law
- Urban Planning and the Environment
- People, Communities and Urban Planning
- Sustainable Infrastructure Planning
- Housing Policies and Practices: Housing and Urban Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Urban Planning View 6 other Masters in Industrial Design in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must hold at least an undergraduate degree from a recognised university (or similar institution) in a related field, such as (but not limited to) environmental science, politics and international relations, economics, geography or landscape architecture.
- You will need a GPE of 5.0 in your final year of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29666 USD per year during 30 months.
National6372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6372 USD per year during 30 months.
- Domestic: NZ$9,565.20 – $10,650
- International: NZ$44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.