Understanding the security threats posed on a local, national and global level is key for a number of organisations and workplaces. An increased use of technology in modern society leaves an unprepared business vulnerable, and the risk for terrorist incidents must be mitigated.
Learn how different security strategies are designed and implemented on a practical and theoretical level via distance learning to best understand the importance of security management.
Who studies the MSc in Security Management?
The postgraduate course in Security Management at Liverpool John Moores University is perfect for those looking for or currently employed in a full-time career in security management, including the armed forces, risk management, private security, business continuity managers, homeland security, financial crime officers, and more. It is also well suited for professionals with a wealth of experience in the security industries who lack a prior academic qualification and are looking to enhance their career prospects though higher education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Security Studies
- Security Management
- International Financial Crime and Security
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Intelligence Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Security Management Dissertation
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Management, Organisation & Leadership Terrorism & Security View 53 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- A relevant second class honours degree or above (such as in criminology, social or political science), or an overseas equivalent qualification is normally required. Alternatively a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and suitable work experience (such as policing, security or military work) may be accepted.
- Proficiency in English – where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575. In some cases applicants who do not possess the standard entry requirements may be permitted to enrol at the discretion of the programme leader.
International8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 11 months.
EU/EEA8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 11 months.
Fees until 15th May:
- Postgraduate Certificate: £3,150 / US$3,950
- Postgraduate Diploma: £5,950 / US$7,450
- Masters: £8,850 / US$11,065
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.