One year in Japan - One year in Germany
IMAT is a dual-degree program managed jointly by Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University and the Institute of Applied Material Flow Management (IFaS), an innovative research institute of the Trier University of Applied Sciences (Germany). Students will spend their first year studying at APU in Japan and the second year at the Zero-Emission Campus Birkenfeld in Germany.
For everyone interested in renewable energies and sustainable growth - engineering background not required!
The program offers integrated knowledge in engineering, economics, law, and natural and social sciences. In addition to the learning goals of APU’s Sustainability Science division, IMAT offers multidisciplinary courses to prepare students to become young professionals in zero-emission systems design with profound knowledge in renewable energy, integrated water resource management, and other sustainable community development areas. Students will also have the opportunity to conduct fieldwork in Japan and participate in an internship in Germany.
Students take Sustainability Science major subjects and a selection of IMAT subjects such as:
- Greenhouse Gas Abatement Strategies and Carbon Trading
- Zero Emission, Circular Economy and Regional Material Flow Management
- Principles of Industrial Material Flow Management
- Regional Material Flow Management
- IMAT modules during semester breaks
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Energy Environmental Management
- Have graduated or be scheduled to graduate from a bachelor's program with a standard period of completion of at least 3 years
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sample Work or List of Research Achievements
International13711 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27422 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National13711 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27422 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- Total Tuition Fees: 3,000,000 JPY
- 100,000 JPY per semester (400,000 JPY total)
All the applicants are eligible to apply for APU Tuition Reductions Scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.