Students will spend their first year studying at APU and the second year at the Zero-Emission Campus Birkenfeld in Germany.
The program offers integrated knowledge in engineering, economics, law and natural and social sciences. In addition to the learning goals of the Sustainability Science division, IMAT offers multidisciplinary courses to prepare students to become young professionals in zero emission systems design with profound knowledge in renewable energy, integrated water resource management and other sustainable community development areas.
Students will also have the opportunity to conduct field work in Japan and participate in an internship in Germany. IMAT students will have to submit a master’s thesis to IfaS in Germany. A concise summary of this thesis is to be submitted to APU in the form of a research report.
Upon completion of the International Material Flow Management (IMAT) from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) , students receive two master’s degrees, a Master of Science in International Cooperation Policy (from APU) and a Master of Engineering in International Material Flow Management (from Trier University of Applied Sciences).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students take Sustainability Science major subjects and a selection of IMAT subjects such as:
- Greenhouse Gas Abatement Strategies and Carbon Trading
- Zero Emission, Circular Economy and Regional Material Flow Management
- Principles of Industrial Material Flow Management
- Regional Material Flow Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Energy Environmental Management View 7 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Japan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Have graduated or be scheduled to graduate from a bachelor's program with a standard period of completion of at least 3 years
- Have completed or be scheduled to complete a 16-year standard education curriculum outside Japan
- Have completed a 15-year standard education curriculum outside Japan and have academic achievements determined to be outstanding by the university
- Be at least 22 years of age and have been individually screened by the graduate school to have the academic ability of a university graduate or higher
- Please write a statement according to the instructions below explaining the reason you would like to enroll in Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University's Graduate School. The length of the personal statement must be at least one A4 page, but no longer than two pages of typed text.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sample Work or List of Research Achievements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13711 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27422 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National13711 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27422 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- Total Tuition Fees: 3,000,000 JPY
- 100,000 JPY per semester (400,000 JPY total)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.