Improve your skills in healthcare research through PgCert in Research Methods For Health programme at University of AberdeenThis involves being able to:
- Critically appraise research evidence (including systematic reviewing)
- Develop a precise research question and articulate and justify an appropriate study design
- Select a suitable statistical method for analysis and interpret the findings
- Study while working
- Learn at your own pace
- Review material as often as you require
- Incur limited financial costs
- Study only the modules you are interested in
This PgCert is aimed at healthcare professionals, policy makers and early career researchers who would like to improve their health research skills but are unable to take time out for full-time study and/or want to avoid relocating.
Successful completion of the PgCert will enable you to develop a range of essential methodological research skills allowing you to carry out research leading to improvements in your own healthcare workplace. You may also be more competitive in securing external funding for projects to improve health and reduce health inequalities. You should benefit from increased opportunities as a result of an enhanced professional profile and will have the confidence and methodological skills required to design and undertake a research project
The PgCert could be the first stage in gaining an MSc in Applied Health Sciences (specialisation) with a specialisation area such as substance abuse, health economics or sexual and reproductive health.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Online Learning
- Evidence - Based Health
- Fundamentals of Research Design
- Applied Statistics
- 9 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducational Research Health Sciences View 260 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants will usually need to possess a health-related honours degree (at a second class level or at least 60% or GPA – 3/5; 2.4/4; 6/10 OR equivalent) or be able to demonstrate evidence of equivalent experience in health care practice/research. They will also require reliable internet access.
International925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 GBP per module and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 GBP per module and a duration of 9 months.
Fees are charged on a modular basis. The fee quoted is per 15 credits.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.