Taught online, this Illustration programme offered at Falmouth University allows you to connect, engage and network with your peers on a global level, offering a learning experience that reflects trends within contemporary professional practice today. It aims to develop creative practitioners who are able to explore new and innovative approaches to visual communication and reflects an increasing interest in the practice of illustration. The course recognises its position as one of the most important forms of visual communication.
Illustration at Falmouth has a long history and reputation, with many of its graduates being internationally recognised for their work. The course aims to produce a community of postgraduate alumni that are successfully embedded and connected within the wider visual communication industry. You will be encouraged to push creative boundaries and both question and influence new thinking on the subject.
The course aims to develop practitioners who are able to:
- Innovate within the field of illustration and actively contribute to the ongoing evolution of illustration practice as a form of visual communication.
- Demonstrate an ability to visually problem solve in an effective and appropriate manner.
- Promote an understanding of the social, cultural and environmental responsibilities that are integral to the practice of illustration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the practical, theoretical, historical and cultural contexts in which illustration operates.
- Locate your creative practice in relation to local and global audiences within the present climate of accelerated technological and cultural change.
- Communicate and collaborate confidently with other professionals on a global scale.
- Facilitate the development of co-operation, self-reliance and critical judgment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Process and Practice
- Visual Language
- Narrative and Storytelling
- Professional Practice
- Major Project (MA only)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 13 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours degree at 2:2 level or above in Illustration or a related subject
- We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply.
International5450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10900 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10900 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.