The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Science - Plant Biotechnology at University of Otago allows people who are currently working to undertake blocks of study - one block for the certificate, a second block to complete the diploma. Alternatively, students may wish to complete the 120 point programme in a continuous run.
This multidisciplinary course encompasses plant physiology, plant biochemistry and plant molecular biology. It brings together the expertise of plant scientists in the Botany and Biochemistry departments and aims to produce graduates with a knowledge of the structure and function of the whole plant and the ability to apply modern molecular and biochemical techniques to the manipulation of plants of agronomic importance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme of study
- shall consist of approved 400- and 500-level papers, to the value of 120 points, selected from the papers specified in Science Schedule D for the Master of Applied Science subject concerned.
- shall normally include papers from more than one subject.
- may, with the approval of the Head of Department or Course Director concerned, include papers worth up to 40 points from 400- and 500-level papers other than those specified in Science Schedule D.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiotechnology Plant & Crop Sciences Biochemistry View 16 other Masters in Biochemistry in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International23152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23152 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5707 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5707 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 9,398 NZD
- International: 37,904 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.