The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Science - Applied Geology at University of Otago allows people who are currently working to undertake blocks of study - one block for the certificate, a second block to complete the diploma. Alternatively, students may wish to complete the 120 point programme in a continuous run.
The programme of study
- shall consist of approved 400- and 500-level papers, to the value of 120 points, selected from the papers specified in Science Schedule D for the Master of Applied Science subject concerned.
- shall normally include papers from more than one subject.
- may, with the approval of the Head of Department or Course Director concerned, include papers worth up to 40 points from 400- and 500-level papers other than those specified in Science Schedule D.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGeology View 15 other Masters in Geology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International25903 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25903 USD per year during 12 months.
National6874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6874 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $9,501.00
- International: $35,798
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.