The programme of study for Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Science - Plant Biotechnology at University of Otago shall consist of approved 400- and 500-level papers to the value of 60 points, and shall normally include papers from more than one subject. With the approval of the Head of Department or Course Director concerned, papers worth up to 20 points from 400- and 500-level papers other than those specified in the relevant Master of Applied Science (MAppSc) table may be included.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme of study
- shall consist of approved 400- and 500-level papers, to the value of 60 points, selected from the papers specified in Science Schedule D for the Master of Applied Science subject concerned.
- shall normally include papers from more than one subject.
- may, with the approval of the Head of Department or Course Director concerned, include papers worth up to 20 points from 400-and 500-level papers other than those specified in Science Schedule D.
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiotechnology Plant & Crop Sciences View 11 other Masters in Biotechnology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International11576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11576 USD per year and a duration of 6 months.
National5707 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5707 USD per year and a duration of 6 months.
- National: 9,398 NZD
- International: 18,953 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.