Candidates for the Diploma are required to have been admitted to the Bachelor of Music (MusB) degree, or have the status of one who is entitled to proceed to the diploma.
The diploma contains 400-level papers worth at least 120 points including at least one of MUSI 431 (Composition Portfolio) and MUSI 441 (Performance 4).
The Postgraduate Diploma in Music at University of Otago equips graduates for careers in music performance, composition, theatre, music education, technology and the media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Community Project
- Seminal Works
- Repertoire Studies
- Composition Portfolio
- Studio Production
- Contemporary Music Performance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMusic View 12 other Masters in Music in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International23796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23796 USD per year during 12 months.
National6025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $8,279.00
- International: $32,696
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.