Candidates for the Diploma are required to have been admitted to the Bachelor of Music (MusB) degree, or have the status of one who is entitled to proceed to the diploma.
The diploma contains 400-level papers worth at least 120 points including at least one of MUSI 431 (Composition Portfolio) and MUSI 441 (Performance 4).
The Postgraduate Diploma in Music at University of Otago equips graduates for careers in music performance, composition, theatre, music education, technology and the media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Community Project
- Seminal Works
- Repertoire Studies
- Composition Portfolio
- Studio Production
- Contemporary Music Performance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 11 other Masters in Music in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International18936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18936 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5002 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 8,189 NZD
- International: 31,745 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.