This Cyber Security MSc course at King's College London is an ideal study pathway for graduates who already possess a good foundation in computer science.
- Located in central London, giving access to major libraries and leading scientific societies, including the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- You will learn advanced practical techniques and implementation skills for solving complex cyber security problems.
- Opportunities to address a growing interest in advanced security methods by providing theoretical and practical knowledge of a broad range of techniques for developing security solutions.
- Flexible study pathway that covers a broad range of security and related computing topics
- Frequent access to speakers of international repute through seminars and external lectures, enabling you to keep abreast of emerging knowledge in advanced cyber security fields.
- The Department of Informatics has a reputation for delivering research-led teaching and project supervision from leading experts in their field.
Some graduates work in cyber security companies, general software consultancy companies, specialised software development businesses and the IT departments of large institutions (financial, telecommunications, and public sector). Recent employers include Hang Seng Bank, Lloyds Banking Group and Merrill Corporation.
Other graduates have entered into the field of academic and industrial research in areas such as cyber security, machine learning, software engineering, algorithms and computer networks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Security Management
- Security Engineering
- Security Testing
- Network Security
- Computer Forensics and Cybercrime
- Individual Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 144 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
- Bachelors degree with 2:1 honours degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, or a joint degree in two such subjects. Competence in a high level programming language such as Pascal, C, C++, Java, etc, to the level expected at the end of the first year of a BSc honours degree in computer science.
- Personal Statement
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application
International26550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26550 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.