In New Zealand and Australia, dental technicians are employed by commercial dental laboratories which provide the bulk of the work for the private dental industry, the defence forces, hospitals and state health dental services. The ratio of employer to employee is approximately 1:3 and many dental technicians ultimately set up business for themselves. There are no barriers to becoming self-employed.
This Postgraduate Diploma in Dental Technology is taught at University of Otago.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Dental Materials Science
- Advanced Fixed Prosthodontics Techniques
- Advanced Implant Prosthodontic Techniques
- Advanced Maxillofacial Prosthodontic Techniques
- Advanced Dental Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International24489 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24489 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National22333 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22333 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 37,439 NZD
- International: 41,054 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.