The Master in Informatics - Programming and System Architecture at University of Oslo includes system development, programming, data communication, distributed systems and information security. With a master's degree in Informatics: programming and system architecture, you understand the whole of such systems and the theories they are based on.You can help develop and maintain such systems and you have profound knowledge within one of the sub-areas of the program.The program offers three different fields of study where you can go in depth: Distributed systems and networks; Information Security; Software.
You have updated and lasting knowledge of a wide range of methods and techniques in the entire field of study and:
- know the theory, methods and techniques for analysis, planning, development and further development of IT systems
- understand the possibilities and limitations of IT solutions
- have an understanding of the IT systems life cycle: From design, programming, implementation, use, and further development needs
- know about social and ethical IT challenges
More informationVisit official programme website
- Distributed multimedia systems
- Information Systems
- Logic and Intelligent Data
- Networks and distributed systems
- Programming and Software Engineering
- Reliable systems
- Wireless Networks and Security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 24 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Norway
- Scan of non-Norwegian passport or ID card
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of completed upper secondary education
- Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)
- Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
- Degree/ relevant courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway
- Final degree diploma and transcript of records
- Documentation of financing (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.