The Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science at University of Otago is designed to prepare candidates for full-time research and thesis preparation for a Master of Medical Laboratory Science (MMLSc) degree, and thus includes a mix of course work and basic research. Both the Diploma and the Masters degree may be taken part- or full-time.
There are special requirements to be met, and candidates are advised to consult with their potential supervisor, and with the BMLSc Course Director as early as possible.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Medical Laboratory Practice
- Research Project
- Health Sciences Research Methods
- Research Methods
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Applied Biostatistics - Fundamentals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 22 other Masters in Human Medicine in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
- Must hold Medical Laboratory Science degree
International30168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30168 USD per year during 12 months.
National8410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8410 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $11,556.00
- International: $41,452
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.