The Master of Science in Social Anthropology from Lund University provides students with a strongly research-based Master’s degree. The programme combines deep subject knowledge with broadened perspectives and links with wider society. The MSc in Social Anthropology applies deep and broad perspectives to an understanding of social communities and culture as a coherent whole.
The programme provides specialisation in the scholarly approach that is fundamental to students aiming to pursue PhD studies but which is also of considerable value for advanced work as a policy or operational officer in organisations and activities at different levels.
Furthermore, the programme provides students with broadened theoretical perspectives, expanded knowledge of qualitative methodology, skills to adapt to a changing working life and ability to contribute to development in society and working life.
The programme provides you with both the background knowledge and the practical skills needed to work in a broad range of fields including governmental, non-governmental and the private sector.
You will be prepared for a future career as a policy maker, a leader or a practitioner working in government agencies, private companies or NGOs, or, alternatively, for doctoral studies and a continued academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Anthropology: Theory and Method Course
- Methods and Social Analysis or Methods for Research in the Social Sciences
- Modern Classics
- Ethnography in Social Science
- Field Work
- Evaluation Research – Theories and Methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree is required that includes at least 90 credits or equivalent of studies in Social Anthropology or the equivalent.
- The applicants estimated capacity to complete the programme is the primary criterion for selection. Students who fulfill the special eligibility requirements are selected on the basis of their previous study results (grades on courses and Bachelor s degree essay), proficiency in English and letter of intent.
International10445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20891 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.