At the University of Reading studying the MSc Environmental Management you will participate in world-leading fieldwork research projects, and take advantage of outstanding teaching collections and facilities housed in modern premises.
You will benefit from our custom-designed building with specialised research facilities, including laboratories and instrumentation for work in molecular ecology and biochemistry, environmental chemistry, physics and stable and radioisotopes. You will have access to superb controlled environment facilities, a large area of experimental polytunnels and glasshouses and extensive opportunities for fieldwork at our experimental farms.
You can take an optional Research and Enterprise Micro-Placement, during which you will be placed with a member of staff on an externally-funded project based in the UK or internationally, or with an environmental consultancy or government organisation to gain experience of working within an external commercial environment.
The programme has three pathways:
- Contaminated and Urban Environments
- The Changing Environment
- Agriculture and Rural Environments
Contaminated and Urban Environments is intended for students interested in environmental pollution.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Environmental Management : Principles and Practice
- Resource and Environmental Economics
- Waste and Environmental Management
- Ecosystem Services
- Contemporary Issues in Environmental Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences View 163 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
- You are normally required to have a good undergraduate honours degree (2:2) (or equivalent from a university outside the UK) in geography, environmental science, environmental studies, ecology, agriculture or a related field.
- Applicants from more diverse backgrounds such as economics or law are also encouraged. Applications from those with no first degree but who have previous experience may also be considered.
International19230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19230 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8620 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.