- The curriculum is structured to meet the growing and specialized demands of the industry. The program provides both full-time and part-time study modes which students can complete in 12 or 24 months respectively. It begins with a solid foundation in corporate finance, quantitative and computing skills, investment analysis, asset valuation and financial derivatives, which form the core subjects in the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) and Financial Risk Management (FRM) examinations curriculum.
- Students in the Finance program at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology can then build on top of this broad knowledge base by choosing required courses and electives that lead to concentration in Asset Management, Risk Management, Fintech, Security Analysis or Corporate Finance.
- Derivatives Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Fixed Income Analysis
- Investment Analysis
- Empirical Methods in Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Part-time: 1 Apr 2021
DisciplinesFinance Actuarial Science View 9 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Hong Kong (SAR)
- Applicants seeking admission to a master's degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification.
- Applicants have to fulfill English Language requirements
- A GMAT or a GRE score
- Work experience
- For the full-time program, applicants will have an advantage if they have some work experience.
Full-time program: Not required
Part-time program: One year of full-time post-qualification work experience
International50936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50936 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National50936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50936 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Eligibility for scholarships will be assessed on a case-by-case basis after the online application is submitted and interview is conducted. Scholarships will be provided to outstanding candidates with excellent academic performance, a well-rounded backgrounds, related experience, or contribute to diversity.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.