The program in Occupational Health and Safety, offered by the Memorial University of Newfoundland, is the first in the Atlantic region and the fourth in Canada and it is built on the expertise that has been developing at Memorial University over the past decade. The program is a response to clear demand from both within the province and throughout Canada.
The MOHS program is designed to provide students, safety officers, loss prevention specialists and human relations managers with the analytic frameworks and up-to-date knowledge that can serve as a basis for future advanced academic study or for higher level professional careers in regulatory agencies, industry, government and stakeholder organizations.
To complete the program a student must complete 24 credit-hours of coursework, including the completion of a capstone research paper in OHS 6001. Students are to take 9 credit-hours from the list of Required Courses, 9 credit-hours from the list of Elective A Courses and 6 credit-hours from the list of Elective B Courses. Elective A courses may be substituted for any Elective B courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theory and Methods in Social Psychology
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Community Health Research Methods
- Occupational Diseases and Injuries
- Regulatory Approaches and Compensation Systems
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 54 other Masters in Public Health in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.