The Medical Education course from Staffordshire University will enhance your reflective practice skills, enabling you to facilitate the learning of others.
MSc Medical Education is for:
- Clinical and postgraduate tutors
- Health visitors and therapists
- General practice course organisers and trainers
- Undergraduate tutors
- Others involved in teaching in a healthcare setting.
The course is based on adult learning principles, with no taught component – you’ll be supported throughout the course by a tutor who will be available for face-to-face, telephone or Skype tutorials as required. The course aims:
- To enable you to examine, reflect upon and improve your teaching skills.
- To consider the strengths, drawbacks and practical implications of different teaching methods and relate these to your own teaching setting.
- To deepen your knowledge of the evidence base for some of the underpinning theory of education
This course will provide an opportunity for career progression and completion of the Postgraduate Certificate stage enables registration as an Associate Fellow with the Higher Education Academy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Educational Theory
- Approaches to Teaching and Learning in Healthcare
- Assessment and Appraisal in Healthcare Education
- Observation and Reflection on Healthcare Teaching
- The Culture of Education in Healthcare
- Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Education
- Negotiated Learning Module
- Research Methods and Methodologies
- Project Based Change
- Masters Dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The earlier you apply, the better.
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences View 191 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Professional qualification in medicine, nursing, social care, or a profession allied to medicine, such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy or podiatry.
It’s advisable that you’ll be actively involved in teaching in some capacity i.e. students, colleagues or patients, because of the nature of the modules, which are based around your own experiences of teaching. However, we appreciate that much of the teaching in healthcare, in particular, is done on an informal basis and it’s therefore not a requirement that you hold a formal teaching position.
Normally be in employment or in a position to benefit from this course.
International3915 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3915 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3915 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3915 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.