One of a range of degrees from the taught Master's Programme at the Department of Computer Science.
This Cyber Security with Placement Year programme from University of Hertfordshire considers current research and practice in cyber security. You will build the fundamental and advanced aspects of cyber security in terms of theory, practice, policy and security standard to enable critical cyber security decision marking, the extant threats to current and emerging systems and networks and the effective countermeasures to such threats in compliance with information security management standards, and the social, legal and ethical issues relating to cyber security in the context of digital forensics, information security management, penetrating testing and cyber operations.
Why choose this course?
- This MSc is available with an optional one-year industry placement. The 'with placement' programmes give you additional industrial experience by applying the skills you have learned throughout your studies.
- One of a range of advanced courses within our postgraduate Master's programme in Computer Science, this particular course provides you with a specialism combining theoretical knowledge and practical skills in cyber security.
- You will develop technical expertise and practical skills in identifying and critically evaluating vulnerabilities of and threats to the security and integrity of distributed systems, conducting and managing a comprehensive risk assessment of the distributed systems in a complex and unpredictable environment. Advanced topics studied include distributed systems security, information security, management and compliance, digital forensics, penetration testing, and cyber operations
- Taught by a highly-regarded and long-established computer science department with strong links to business.
- Half the research outputs in Computer Science at the University of Hertfordshire have been rated at world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
Our masters programme is designed to give Computer Science graduates the specialist, up-to-date skills and knowledge sought after by employers, whether in business, industry, government or research. This particular course will prepare you for a career such as a software engineer, developer or project manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Distributed Systems Security
- Professional Work Placement for MSc Computer Science
- Information Security, Management and Compliance
- Digital Forensics
- Penetration Testing
- Cyber Operations
- Team Research and Development Project
- Legal and Ethical Practice Exercise
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 135 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The normal requirement is a good Honours Degree (or equivalent) in computer science or cognate discipline. The choice of award title students may be accepted on to will be determined by the award applied for and the prior learning of the student as demonstrated by the transcript for existing qualifications held by the applicant.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate sufficient competence in English to benefit from the Programme. This is normally demonstrated by recognised awards equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.0. Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.