Throughout the MSc Community Education (CLD Standards Council approved qualifying route) course from University of Dundee you will identify, reflect on, develop and appraise critical community-based practice, while integrating your learning and practice with theoretical studies and investigative techniques.
Your commitment to community education values, ethical codes of practice, and ongoing professional development will be enhanced. You will also be encouraged to engage in processes of active learning, involving cyclical processes of action and reflection with participants.
You will contribute to the ongoing construction of theory and practice by engaging in investigations and development projects.
The course is suitable for returning students who already have a PG Diploma in CE/CLD, and want to complete the Masters qualification.
This course is also ideal for distance learners as classroom teaching is hosted on campus and in the virtual environment.
This course can take two to three years to complete, depending on your own circumstances, and it will build on your initial training and professionalism which has developed throughout your work experience.
Some modules are taught entirely online, while some combine both online learning and workshops on campus. The course is available online anywhere you have access to the internet.
We offer you individual support through:
- online tutorials and workshops
- study guides
- telephone tutorials
- face-to-face tutorials
- written feedback
- an allocated Adviser of Studies
The course offers a professional qualification for those seeking practitioner and managerial posts in:
- local authority services and projects
- third sector organisations
- community learning and development services
- culture and leisure services
- community health
- youth work
- community development
- adult literacies and numeracies
- family learning
- community and adult learning
- local economic regeneration
- social enterprise development
- further & higher education
- Transforming Practice (Being a Critical Practitioner)
- Critical Pedagogies
- Transforming Practice (Practice in Diverse Contexts) 2
- Research Methods for Professional Inquiry
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sustainable Development View 234 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree and appropriate work. You should ideally be able to undertake work related to a course specialism in their workplace setting or other appropriate agency.
- Recognition of prior learning is available for up to 50% of the CPD route. Recognition of prior learning is not available for the SC Approved route. Credit claims will be considered oncean application and certificates have been submitted.
You need provide evidence of at least two years prior experience in a community education or related setting and must be employed in a paid or voluntary capacity for a minimum of 20 hours per week for the duration of the course. You must also gain the consent of your employer to join the course and must identify a suitably qualified Mentor to support you.
International6825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6825 GBP per year during 36 months.
National2665 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2665 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.