The Master Programme in Digital Humanities at Uppsala University is multidisciplinary and driven by humanistic inquiry and curiosity. Key themes are the critical evaluation of digital technologies and their use in a number of areas, including knowledge production and cultural heritage.
There is now a great demand from the cultural sector for staff with knowledge of digital humanities and this programmes opens up opportunities for national or international careers in a variety of professions.
You will be able to work within cultural heritage, digitisation and cultural and information services. Another opportunity is development and investigative work requiring a humanities background and technical skills.
With a Master's degree in Digital Humanities, you will be attractive in many sectors of the labour market, both in Sweden and abroad. You will be able to work within cultural heritage and digitisation and with cultural and information services. The major archives, libraries and museums are examples of potential future employers.
These institutions have a great demand for humanities-based skills in digitisation, digital communication and digital knowledge production. These are skills that you will have mastered upon completing the Master's Programme in Digital Humanities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Humanities
- Digital Cultural Heritage, Basic Course
- Digital Tools and Methods
- Digital Cultural Heritage, Advanced Course
- Visual Analysis
- Theory and Methods in Digital Humanities
- Information Mediation and User Perspectives in the Digital Era
- Language, Literature and Digital Humanities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts Digital Communication View 5 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.The main field of study must be within the humanities.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Selection is based on a statement of purpose also including a summary of a previous thesis or other academic text. You upload the text in connection with your application to the programme. The text should not exceed 800 words.
International9945 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19891 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 200000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.