This Sustainable and Innovative Natural Resource Management programme at Uppsala University will bring together the foundation of your personal career and a paradigm shift in the industry to carefully and sustainably deal with the Earth's resources initiating a real change.During the programme you can expect to:
- study the complete raw materials value chain and associated circular economy
- innovatively explore and process new resources
- learn about sustainable use of resources in products and production processes
SINReM is a joint programme between Uppsala University, the University of Ghent and Freiberg University of Technology and fosters collaboration with raw materials companies. SINReM is co-financed by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) and consequently fosters creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Start your own company
The SINReM programme prepares you to start your own business. From the beginning of the programme you will meet company founders (successful and unsuccessful) from the raw material sector and have the chance to interview them.
In the second semester you will get the necessary knowledge and skills for innovation management and IPR as well as some tools for entrepreneurship.You have the chance to go to an industrial partner for hands on training and making practical experience and/or develop your Master's thesis. For creating your own business one of the research transfer/business development departments of the three partner universities and the business developers of EIT RawMaterials are supporting you.
- Work in industry
- Become a researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clean technology
- Rational use of materials
- Environmental inventory techniques
- Resource recovery technology
- Problems and innovations in the process chain of rare resources
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Natural Resource Management View 53 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
- Also required is 90 credits in engineering or science (physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, earth science, computer science, materials science), of which 10 credits must be in chemistry and 15 credits in mathematics or physics.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency.
International14421 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28843 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.