There is a wide variety of applications: lab-on-a-chip devices, inkjet printing, wetting of surfaces, and vortex structures in pollutant distribution in geophysical turbulent flows like in the atmosphere and in the ocean.
Skills that will be developed
- fundamental understanding of fluid dynamic principles
- experience with advanced computational modelling and state-of-the-art experimental techniques
- ability to develop models of flow phenomena
There is constant demand from industry and research institutes for graduates who can work at the boundaries between physics, chemistry and biology.
Graduates of the Applied Physics - Mastertrack Fluids, Bio and Soft Matter from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) can find employment in research and development laboratories in industry, for example at Philips, ASML, DSM, and Océ, or at research institutes such as TNO. You could also take up a position that makes use of your organizational and leadership qualities.
The independent judgment by the NVAO strengthens higher education institutions in their quality culture. On the basis of the judgments of NVAO higher education programmes are recognized and students receive a legally recognized degree. In the Netherlands, NVAO assesses the internal quality assurance pursued by universities and the quality of the programmes they provide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced fluid dynamics
- Micro- and nano-fluidics
- Physics of medical technology: equipment and physiology
- Chaos theory
- Geophysical fluid dynamics
- Advanced computational fluid and plasma dynamics
- Environmental fluid dynamics
- Special topics in environmental fluid dynamics
- Introduction to NMR/MRI for imaging and fluid visualization
- Transport in porous media
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We strongly advise that you apply as soon as possible and ensure that your complete application arrives at TU/e by mid April at the latest.
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 35 other Masters in Physics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The student needs to have sufficient academic knowledge and engineering and academic skills in the area of (applied) physics.
- A finished BSc education program that is equivalent to a Dutch BSc Applied Physics or Theoretical Physics or a variation on these.
- A BSc degree in Physics is required. This can be Applied Physics, Theoretical Physics or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2083 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Various scholarships are open to students wishing to follow a Master's program at Eindhoven University of Technology. A requirement of most scholarships is that you have been admitted to a Master's program before you may apply to the scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.