The NanoBio Science programme at University College Dublin prepares you for industry or further research. Career opportunities include the pharmaceutical industry, telecommunications, diagnostic imaging, green technologies and sensor applications, both in Ireland and internationally. It is also a stepping stone to PhD research in the areas of nanoscience, biophotonics and nanotechnology.Prospective employers include Abbott, Alcon, Allergan, Bausch & Lomb, Becton Dickinson, Boston Scientific, Eblana Photonics, Intel, Pfizer, Pharma-Bio Serv, Philips, and SensL.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Journal club and presentations skills
- Nanooptics and biophotonics
- Physics of nanomaterials
- Spectroscopy and Lasers for BioNanoScience
- Nanomechanics - from single molecules to single cells
- Computational Biophysics and Nanoscale Simulations
- Biophysics at the Nanoscale and Nanodevices
- Biomimicry - learning from nature
- Advanced Atomic Force Microscopy for Bionanoscience
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 19 other Masters in Biotechnology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is intended for applicants with a degree in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Material Science or a related discipline. An upper second class honours or international equivalent is required.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8750 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4380
- nonEU fee per year - € 12800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.