This Advanced Software Engineering (Distance Learning) MSc offered at the University of Leicester focuses on the methodologies and technologies that address the challenges that companies are facing for competing in the volatile markets of today. It looks at how to generate applications from high-level business models to reduce time-to-market and development costs and how to evolve legacy systems and promote business processes in an economy dominated by the need to offer and integrate, on demand, new services.
Over the course of this degree, you will develop a deep understanding of the nature and impact of current challenges faced by the IT industry so that you know what is expected from a mature professional. You will also develop an awareness of the methodologies and technologies that are available within computer science to address these challenges, so that you can evaluate and analyse specific situations and make informed choices.
You will have opportunities to develop your interpersonal, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills, and to use these skills in an imaginative way.
Careers and employability
A postgraduate qualification is an investment in your future. There is no doubt that studying for a postgraduate qualification can help your career prospects – you will gain the deeper knowledge and high end skills and that will set you apart. Studying with us gives a clear signal to employers. It demonstrates that you have the spark, ambition and commitment to take your career to the next level. Your employer will also benefit directly from your newly acquired understanding and capabilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Agile Cloud Automation
- Generative Development
- Computational Intelligence and Software Engineering
- Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Advanced Web Technologies
- Software Measurement and Quality Assurance
- Business Information Systems
- Semantic Web
- Service-Oriented Architectures
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 86 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For junior-level employees or recent graduates: a good second-class honours BSc degree (or qualification of equivalent standard recognised by the University) in a subject with a substantial element of Computing.
- For IT professionals, applications will take into account your number of years of experience. Please ensure that you include with your application detailed information about your software development roles and knowledge of programming languages you have used.
- If you do not meet these standard entry requirements, please include with your application detailed information about your software development roles and knowledge of programming languages you have used.
International13370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13370 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA13370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13370 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.