During your time in this Toronto Sports Journalism program at Centennial College , you learn the best practices for the field in a diverse and gender-inclusive environment with peers just as dedicated to and as passionate about sports.
From covering local athletes and professionals to telling the stories behind the games, players and fans, you develop specialized talents in:
- Sports writing (print, TV, radio, online, social media)
- Broadcast (producing, on-air performance, chase and field producing, radio hosting, updates)
- Digital (using editorial publishing tools, blogging, video, audio, Storify, etc.)
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
- News journalism that meets the changing needs of sports coverage (courts, police, etc)
- Advanced interviewing techniques
- Sports beat journalism
- Imaging for print and online
- Hosting in-studio and in the field
- Newspaper and online layout
You also have the opportunity to participate in the program's annual trip to baseball's spring training, where you can apply skills and develop confidence. Meanwhile, an industry field placement in a sports media organization in Canada or around the world complements your training.
- Writer in digital/print/TV/radio and social media
- Editor across multi-platforms
- Producer across multi-platforms
- Remote journalist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sports Interviewing and Beat Reporting
- Sports in Canada: The Field of Play
- Sports Reporting
- Sports Internet and Social Media
- Sports Writing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesJournalism Sports Sciences View 22 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education and have relevant work experience
- Attend a mandatory Sports Journalism program admission session where applicants will:
- Present their resumé
- Submit a portfolio of writing that includes a minimum of three pieces of their published or unpublished work
- Complete a writing test (this may be waived for applicants with a degree or diploma in journalism)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22406 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22406 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5538 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5538 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.