The Youth Work and Social Education (ETS Endorsed) programme from The University of Wales Trinity Saint David will equip students to be able to work with young people, communities and families, and to be practitioners and leaders who are fit for purpose in the 21st century.
Through a social science lens, the programme will explore practice with young people and their communities in an applied manner, with a clear commitment to social justice, anti-oppressive practice, and underpinned by the core values and principles of youth work.
Here are some specific examples of graduate destinations:
- Face to face youth work in a range of contexts
- Community education
- Youth justice
- Teams around the Family
- Participation Officers
- Corporate Manager at a Local Authority Youth Service
- Senior Youth Officers at a Local Authority Youth Service
- Local Government Officer
- Principal Youth Officer
- Lecturer at Further Education
- Lecturers at Higher Education
- Professional Practice 1: Theory, Policy and Practice of Youth Work and Social Education
- Professional Practice 2: Young People and Society in Focus
- The Philosophy and Practice of Social Research
- Supervision, Leadership and Management for Professionals
- Leading Children’s Rights: Developing Professional Practice
- Sustainable Communities
- 12 months
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Social Work Sociology View 805 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- All applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory enhanced disclosure Child and Adult Workforce document from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Applicants will normally be required to hold an Honours degree.
- Applicants with vocational qualifications and experiences will also be considered.
- Due to the professional endorsement of the degree programme, all applicants need to have at least 200 hours of recent and relevant Youth Work experience.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.