The Outdoor Education programme at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is unique in the UK in adopting a sociocultural approach to better understanding a range of key issues including the nature of adventure, sense of place pedagogy, informal learning, facilitating experiential learning, relationships with nature and healthy outdoor communities. In addition, it supports students in conducting smallscale research studies to inform evidence-based practice.
Why choose this course
- Socio-cultural approach to Outdoor Education to better understand why we have the outdoor sector that we have, as well as possible alternatives.
- Course learning experiences include a combination of experientially focused weekend workshops, Skype tutorials, and e-learning materials.
- Practical experiences include Mountain Bothy, Solo camping, walking/cycling for health, and coasteering experiences.
- Creative assessment tasks including 1 to 1 discussions, seminars and local research projects.
- Strong links to local and national outdoor sector employers, expeditions, and training.
- Applied research focus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Part One of the programme consists of four x 30 credit taught modules.
- Philosophical and Cultural Perspectives on Outdoor Education
- Facilitating Learning through Experience
- Debates in Outdoor Education
- Research Methods OR Internship (Students choose one after discussion with the Programme Director)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 858 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5050 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.