Vision and Strabismus degree offered at University of Sheffield is a part-time distance learning course for practising orthoptists and other eye care professionals. It’s taught online (supported by two residential weekends, an introductory day for Low Vision and virtual tutorials), so you can study for a higher degree without having to leave your current post.
Any of our modules can be studied as a standalone for Continuing Professional Development.
Teaching is by distance learning, supported by two weekend residentials (and introductory day for Low Vision) that take place in Sheffield and virtual tutorials using e-technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concomitance and Incomitance in Depth or Stroke
- Insight into Disease or Low Vision
- Eye to Vision or Exemptions
- Research Methods (option for Postgraduate Diploma)
- Dissertation (Postgraduate Diploma only)
- Research Project (MMedSci only).
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 313 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Anyone with an orthoptic degree or diploma, or appropriate eye care qualification may apply (2:1 or higher classifications are preferred).
- Applications are welcomed from anywhere in the world, provided broadband internet access is available.
- Ideally you should also have at least one year’s clinical experience following your first degree.
International2666 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2666 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2666 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2666 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.