Students at University College Dublin will gain a well-grounded knowledge of the issues facing European governance and the manner in which different European political systems have sought to address the challenges they face in an increasingly Europeanized and globalized world.
MSc European Politics and Policy students will learn skills in research design, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and use these skills to analyse questions of substantive interest in a rigorous and systematic manner.
CareerGraduates can work within European institutions, with international private-sector employers, government agencies and Non-Governmental Organisations. Organisations including the European Union, the United Nations and IMF are all potential employers, with students having the skills to compete for roles such as Government Social Researcher, Diplomatic Advisor, and Public Affairs Consultant.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Design
- Introduction to Statistics
- Politics of European Governance
- Qualitative Research Methods for Political Science
- The Global Political Economy of Europe
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesEuropean Law European Studies View 3 other Masters in European Studies in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A primary degree with at least Second Class Honours Grade 1 (2H1) in a relevant subject such as political science, international relations, social science, sociology, history, geography, economics, global studies, public policy, development studies, EU studies, law. 2H1 is equivalent to 60 per cent, B minus or 3.08 GPA - in American system: B or 3.00 GPA.
- Your application will be considered on its individual merits and relevant professional experience will also be taken into account.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8525 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8525 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 5600
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.