This Engineering Management degree at University College Dublin is aimed at students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and wish to embark on successful careers in the management of global engineering and technology firms. This one-year master’s degree provides grounding in operations, quality, marketing, systems planning, and analysis while building on students’ technical expertise to develop the next generation of industry leaders.
We seek to develop creative problem solvers who can critically analyse problems in a business context, and propose and develop practical and feasible solutions. Our teaching methods and learning environment are highly interactive and varied, and include lectures, workshops, tutorials, labs, and practical exercises. Group-based modular projects and a final applied company-based consultancy project enable students to integrate the covered theoretical knowledge with practice. All these unique features are the key elements in the programme’s design and success over the years.
Career opportunities are very broad as the MEngSc Engineering Management students are not narrow technical specialists but “T-shaped” individuals combining specialist skills with a broad understanding of the business environment.
Apart from the usual engineering discipline-specific job opportunities based on their bachelor’s degree, the students accomplishing this one-year master’s degree will be equipped with enough knowledge and experience to pursue a career related to the job positions, such as quality analyst, data analyst, operations analyst, supply chain planner, project management and continuous improvement analyst.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Management & Org Behav
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Design & Analysis
- Engineering Project Management - Tools & Techniques
- Design & Innovation
- Applied Research Project
- Decision Analytics
- Business Information Systems Management
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Methods for Engineers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 31 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours undergraduate degree (NFQ Level 8) with a minimum upper second class honours or international equivalence in a relevant Engineering programme.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
- A detailed explanation of your interest in the programme must be provided.
- Students meeting the programme’s academic entry requirements but not the English language requirements, may enter the programme upon successful completion of UCD’s Pre-Sessional or International Pre-Master’s Pathway programmes.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8085 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.