Students are offered cross-disciplinary training with a strong emphasis on innovation and entrepreneurship.
The international Master program in Light Sciences and Technologies at University of Bordeaux is an integrated, interdisciplinary program, provided by both academic and industrial experts.
Academic cooperation: The Master is operated along with the Institut d’Optique Graduate School (IOGS). Strong partnerships exist with:
- Canada: Université Laval & Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique (INRS)
- Germany: Abbe School of Photonics (FSU Jena)
After this Master program?
After graduation, students are fully prepared to pursue doctoral studies and a career in research. They may also work as scientists or R&D engineers within the industrial field.
- Doctoral studies in academic research or R&D engineering
- Business sectors
- Light sources
- Quantum technologies
- Laser processing and 3D manufacturing
- Sensors and multi-responsive detection systems
- Smart and reconfigurable integrated photonics systems based on innovative hybrid nanotechnologies
- Optical components and devices manufacturing
- Innovative optical materials
- Pharmaceutical companies (drug screening and testing)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laser & photonics
- Extreme regimes of light
- Biophotonics & imaging
- Materials for photonics
- Quantum sciences & Quantum technologies
- Condensed matter
- Molecular photonics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Natural Sciences View 16 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or equivalent.
- Program taught entirely in English, a B2 level (minimum) is required.
Documents necessary for the selection procedure:
- Official transcripts, copies of all previous diplomas
- Copy of passport (or ID card if European)
- Cover letter and CV (in English)
- Language test results (ECTS, TOIEC, IEL, etc.) or certificate of studies from an English speaking High School
- If applying for a scolarship, two letters of recommendation are requested
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bordeaux
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.