This Music Performance Studies course at University of Sheffield is designed to help you build the stylistic awareness and advanced techniques to perform music at concert level. Through workshops, masterclasses and one-to-one lessons with specialist tutors, you will hone your abilities as both a solo and ensemble performer, culminating in a public recital at the end of your course.
- Students can either choose to take a piano performance pathway or instrumental performance pathway.
- You will have the opportunity to engage in modules that develop your understanding of performance as a research informed discipline, whilst also having the opportunity to collaborate on creative projects with students from other programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Critical Listening and the Musical Work
- Performing World Music
- Topics in Musicology
- Critical Musicology
- Selected Topics in Music Psychology
- Topics in Music Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 108 other Masters in Music History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You'll need a 2:1 in music or a combined degree with a substantial music component.
- Degrees in other related subjects may be acceptable depending on your background.
- Provide a portfolio with your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.