The programme at University College Dublin provides opportunities to explore and develop your own creative writing skills supervised by experienced published staff of international reputation.
Many graduates of the MA in Creative Writing establish successful writing careers. Graduate of the programme Colin Barrett won the Guardian First Fiction Prize with Young Skins then went on to win both the Frank O'Conner International short story award and the Rooney Prize for Literature. Other graduates go into the publishing industry, while some go on to do an MFA in Creative Writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The seminars, workshops and supervision meetings aim to provide committed writers with taught classes on theories and practices of writing, presentation and editing techniques, creative reading of selected texts, and supervision of a major writing project.
- Among the important issues addressed on an ongoing basis are voice and structure.
- Every effort is made to ensure that a student progresses on these as well as many other fronts.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 14 other Masters in Creative Writing in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The entry requirement for the MA programme is a BA Hons English or equivalent, and/or proven commitment to and experience in the field of creative writing; a portfolio (c.25 pages) of recent creative work; a personal statement of reasons for taking the course and references.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 7.5 (no band less than 7.0 in each element), or equivalent
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7920 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.