The Economics Master program at the University of Bern is more specialized than the Bachelor program, while also offering a relatively broad-based education. The program challenges students intellectually and presents them with situations they might confront in practice: Students work together in groups, conduct their own independent studies, implement their ideas and are given the opportunity to work in an international environment. The program's combination of theory and practice prepares them perfectly for the working world.
It is intended for students who want to acquire general skills in economics that are applicable in a broad range of fields, but who still want to have the possibility to specialize in a particular field. Thus, students with a background in economics (i.e. BA in Economics or equivalent) or related fields are invited to continue or start their economics studies in Bern.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
You can only apply after the regular closing date for applications if you do not require a visa for entering and residing in Switzerland. If you are applying late and require a visa for Switzerland, we will transfer your application to a later semester.
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 6 other Masters in Econometrics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree from a Swiss university, or an equivalent degree, in the branch of studies Economics
- Bachelor's degree from a Swiss university with a major in another branch of studies
- Bachelor's degree from a foreign university with a major in Economics. - A GMAT score of at least 575 points for the mathematics (quantitative) and language (verbal) element is also required. This test result must be submitted with the application and documents. The test may not be taken retrospectively; it must be completed before the application is submitted.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from a Swiss or foreign university of applied sciences.
International1740 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1380 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- Regular tuition fee: CHF 750 per semester
- Non-Swiss students: CHF 200 per semester, in addition to the regular tuition fee, if they did not have their civil law residence in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein at the time of obtaining their university entrance qualification to a bachelor's degree.
Living costs for Bern
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.