The Master of Psychological Science (Research) offered at La Trobe University enables you to pursue research in any area you are appropriately qualified in. Research areas include but are not limited to: autism spectrum disorders, clinical and health psychology, behavioural neuroscience and neuropsychology, cognitive and developmental psychology and social and intercultural psychology.
This Master of Psychological Science (Research) from La Trobe University will equip you with the tools and knowledge to pursue a research-related career in higher education, government, or the public health sector. It can also serve as a pathway into a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A range of work based learning opportunities are available, including internships, mentoring, and industry-linked projects.
- Internships. Candidates who have successfully confirmed their candidature and who are making satisfactory progress may apply to participate in an internship at least one month before they submit their thesis. Refer to the Graduate Research Candidature Policy and associated information.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 64 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at La Trobe University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code: 071896M
- In order to apply for Masters by research candidature, you will normally require either:
- the satisfactory completion of an Australian Bachelor's degree with an honours year with at least an H2A result in the relevant discipline
- a qualification of La Trobe University or a recognised tertiary institution which is deemed by the Board of Graduate Research to be equivalent to the qualification specified in (a) above
- a Bachelor's degree without honours strengthened by additional qualifications or the demonstrated possession of research skills or publications of an especially meritorious nature, approved by the Board of Graduate Research as an acceptable basis for admission to candidature. Some additional preliminary studies may need to be undertaken.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.