This Digital Media and Society course at University of Sheffield offers you a unique opportunity to develop a broad understanding of the interweaving of digital media and society from a sociological perspective.
- Drawing upon staff expertise in digital media and digital society, this programme will give you a grounding in aspects of digital media, allowing you to specialise in a specific area, or develop your understanding of the following: researching digital society, digital practices, and digital methods.
- As a student within the Faculty of Social Sciences, you will also benefit from the research and training activities of both the Sheffield Methods Institute and the faculty-wide Digital Society Network. The latter brings together interdisciplinary researchers engaged in research at the cutting-edge of society–technology interactions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Media, Data and Society
- Researching Digital Society
- Digital Practices
- Digital Methods
- Qualitative OR Statistical Methods
- Contemporary Challenges: Refugees and Asylum
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 358 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The minimum entry requirement is a 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant social science discipline.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.