You will study foundation elements of legal theory, and your independent research project will give you the opportunity to focus on an area of law that interests you. Taught by experienced tutors, including qualified solicitors and barristers with significant professional expertise in all areas of law, the breadth of knowledge and skills in Laws of England and Wales from Leeds Beckett University will ensure you receive specialist support on a wide variety of topics, from medical negligence to anti-terrorism law.
Legal education and training has been subject to a detailed review by professional regulators in the legal sector. The review has examined the routes to qualification as a solicitor or barrister.
You could progress to the next stage of legal training by undertaking our Legal Practice Course to train as a solicitor, or the Bar Professional Training Course to become a barrister. Your course will also open up roles that require a deep-rooted and broad knowledge of the law, such as a paralegal. You could also apply your expertise to roles in marketing, local government, mental health or social work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Equity & Trusts Law
- Independent Legal Research Project
- Foundations of Property Law
- Foundations of Public Law
- Foundations of the Law of the European Union
- Law, Institutions & Skills
- Foundations of Contract Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 81 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.Students wishing to undertake the Master of Laws of England and Wales degree for the purpose of qualification as a barrister must:
- Hold a UK/Republic of Ireland degree, awarded at or above 2:2; or
- Have been granted a Certificate of Academic Standing by the Bar Standards Board on the basis of an overseas degree or a non-standard UK/Republic of Ireland degree; or
- Have been approved by the Bar Standards Board Qualifications Committee as suitable for admission as a mature student.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT tuitions: £4,725 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.