On the MEngSc in Chemical Engineering at University College Dublin you will improve your conceptual and practical skills in both the fundamental and applied principles of chemical engineering practice. The programme covers advanced topics in chemical engineering and includes extensive project work in both design (featuring both individual and team elements/efforts) and in an individualised research project.
Your career opportunities upon graduation from this programme are exemplary. It is anticipated that the graduates will play an important role in the development, design and operation of chemical processes in industry at international level in the coming years.
Graduates can enter a wide selection of possible industries including fine chemicals (e.g. Proctor and Gamble), heavy chemicals (e.g. CRH), pharmaceuticals (e.g. Pfizer, Lilly, Merck), oil and gas (e.g. Conoco Philips, Exxon, Shell, Chevron), as well as consulting and business.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Chemical & Bioprocess Reaction Engineering
- Chem & Bioprocess Eng Design
- Environmental Engineering
- Advanced Separation Processes
- Advanced Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Experimental Design
- Chem Proc Sust & Ren Energy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering View 7 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Chemical Engineering honours undergraduate degree (NFQ level 8) with a minimum upper second class honours or international equivalence.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
- Students meeting the programme’s academic entry requirements but not the English language requirements, may enter the programme upon successful completion of UCD’s International Pre-Master’s Pathway programmes.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8085 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.