Through studio projects, academic writing and practical experiments, it develops professional capacities while placing equal emphasis on research and critical enquiry. Its faculty includes many leading figures in architectural practice as well as internationally-recognised researchers.
The Architecture programme at University College Dublin equips graduates to work in the field of Architecture anywhere across the world in architectural practice and in other forms of creative practice as well as in the areas of policy, consultancy and academia.
- Graduates are involved in architectural practice and in other forms of professional creative practice, as well as in areas of policy and consultancy. Many graduates also go on to further postgraduate study, in UCD and elsewhere. Past students in the course’s connected programmes have gone on to become international or national experts in their selected fields.
MArch (Hons) is the only programme that is accredited by the professional institute in Ireland (RIAI), and by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and which also has International Certification from the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) in the USA.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Technologies
- Research & Innovation in the Designed Environment
- Architectural Design
- Research and Innovation in the Designed Environment
- Architectural Design - Comprehensive Design Studio
- Realising Built Projects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 20 other Masters in Design in Ireland
- Portfolio Submission is essential
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture or another approved equivalent degree (NFQ Level 8) with a minimum upper second class honours or international equivalence (2.1 or UCD GPA 3.08 or equivalent) is required .
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent
- These are the minimum entry requirements – additional criteria may be requested for some programmes
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8085 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU Year 2 - € 8085 aa
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.