This degree will prepare you for a professional career in industry or academic research, higher education, and can also serve as a pathway into a PhD.
Why study at La Trobe?
- La Trobe is in the top 1% of universities worldwide.
- Our graduates have an employer satisfaction rating of 87.8 per cent.
- Find information resources and activities to help explore options and develop your career
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of study:
- social work practice
- social policy
- intellectual disability
- child and family welfare
- health and mental health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work View 59 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 055101G
- In order to apply for Master's by research candidature, you will normally require either:
- the satisfactory completion of an Australian Bachelor's degree with an honours year with at least an H2A result in the relevant discipline; OR
- qualification of La Trobe University or a recognised tertiary institution which is deemed by the Board of Graduate Research to be equivalent to the qualification specified in (a) above; OR
- a Bachelor's degree without strengthened by additional qualifications or the demonstrated possession of research skills or publications of an especially meritorious nature, approved by the Board of Graduate Research as an acceptable basis for admission to candidature. Some additional preliminary studies may need to be undertaken.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39200 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.