Areas of research expertise of the Master of Applied Science (Research) course offered at La Trobe University include: exercise physiology, health systems policy and management, public health, mother and child health, human communication sciences, musculoskeletal research, nursing and midwifery, rehabilitation and injury prevention, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, orthoptics, podiatry, prosthetics and orthotics, dietetics and human nutrition and sex, health and society.
The course includes four online coursework subjects, which provide training in foundation research skills. These may be waived for students who have completed an Honours degree or equivalent.
This degree will allow you to pursue a career as a researcher in academic research, higher education or the public health sector. It can also serve as a pathway into a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systematic Review and Evaluation of Healthcare Research
- Methods of Graduate Research
- Advanced Issues in Health and Wellbeing Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMathematics Earth Sciences Applied Mathematics View 68 other Masters in Mathematics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 074418F
- The minimum academic requirement for entry to a Masters by research at La Trobe is a three year Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years with a weighted average mark in the final year of 65 or above.
- An applicant may be considered for entry with an overall weighted average mark below 65 if their weighted average mark in the final full year (FTE) of study is 65 or above.
The following conditions must be met in order to gain admission into a Masters by research degree:you must meet the minimum entry requirements for the degree as outlined above
- the department or school in which you seek enrolment must be able to provide appropriate facilities, resources and supervision for your chosen area of research.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International44200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44200 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.