The MSc Public Health , offered by University of South Wales was designed in consultation with Public Health Wales and supports the development of public health practitioners through enabling them to negotiate, plan, implement and evaluate policy and practice initiatives.
The Public Health Masters recognises that health challenges can be more global than a single country’s population but that local policy and regulation responses will vary from country to country.
Modules include relevant theoretical and ethical concepts to encourage students to reflect critically on questions and decisions that arise in the field of public health.
At the end of the course, students will develop as responsive professionals who can negotiate, plan, implement and evaluate public health policy and practice.
This Public Health course opens up a variety of employment opportunities in the UK and internationally, and across the public and voluntary sectors, e.g, in schools, colleges and universities, advocacy organisations, international non-government organisations, consulting firms, local and national government organisations, health delivery organisations and community development organisations.
There is also opportunity to work in global organisations such as the World Health Organisation.
Please note, the MSc Public Health does not lead to registration on any professional register but can contribute towards preparation for Part A of the Faculty of Public Health examinations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Public Health
- Health Promotion
- Evidence Based Public Health
- Protecting Health in Diverse Environments
- Integrating Public Health Practice (a skills based module)
- Leading Change
- Governance and Economics for Public Health
- Public Health Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 750 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- As Public health is a multidisciplinary course, we accept a wide range of undergraduate degrees onto our MSc Public Health if they meet the entry criteria minimum of a 2.2.
- In your personal statement we expect you to show a strong interest in Public Health, and to describe any relevant work experience you have in the health field.
- This might include current or past employment, voluntary work experience, undergraduate research projects or internships.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time UK and EU: £1000 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.