As an Management Information Systems student at University of British Columbia, you will not only become part of a rich and stimulating academic community with a strong research emphasis, but you will also enjoy the opportunity to work with the best research faculty in Canada.
What makes the program unique?
The Sauder School of Business is considered the top research business school in Canada and a leading academic institution. Sauder is the leading recipient of research grants from Canada's major federal agencies and outperforms other Canadian business schools in both research publications and citations.
Sauder faculty members hold editorial positions at major journals in their fields and their work is recognized internationally. The Sauder School of Business at UBC is home to excellent teaching, an active research community and a strong collaborative culture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced MIS Courses
- Modelling Methods in the Research and Practice of Information Systems
- Empirical Research Methods in Information Systems
- Advanced Topics in Management Information Systems
- Research Methodology Courses
- MIS Workshop
- Participation in the MIS Workshop throughout the MSc studies is required. The MIS workshop is devoted to learning and sharing information on current research topics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Information Systems View 11 other Masters in Business Information Systems in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.