Successful completion of the course enables you to register on Part III of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register ad practice as a specialist community public health nurse. The course also includes the Community Nurse Prescribing V100 programme (integrated in the Specialist Practice modules), which you will be able to record with the NMC.
This 52 week full-time (or part-time equivalent) Specialist Community Public Health Nursing programme offered by the Wrexham Glyndwr University comprises 22.5 weeks of theoretical study and 22.5 weeks of learning in the practice setting under the supervision of a Practice Teacher and specialist mentor. This full time route comprises 2 days attendance at Wrexham Glyndŵr University, 2 days in practice and 1 study day per week during term time. The course is also available as a part-time modular route.
The course is funded by the Welsh Government and entry on to the programme is through joint application and interview by the sponsoring NHS Trust and Wrexham Glyndwr University.
Health Visiting is a diverse, satisfying and challenging role that involves bonding with families over time. It suits nurses and midwives with an interest in health promotion, public health and working in the community.
Health visitors are best placed to help families and young children. In fact, a growing body of evidence underlines the importance of the role in the first few years of a person's life and in recognition of these facts the Welsh Government have currently increased the recruitment numbers for Health Visitor training. The English Government have also increased recruitment of health visitors and therefore employment prospects with NHS Employers are good.
School nurses provide a variety of services such as providing health and sex education within schools, carrying out developmental screening, undertaking health interviews and administering immunisation programmes. School nurses can be employed by the local health authority, community NHS providers or by a school directly.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Family approaches to health for health visitors and school nurses
- V100 prescribing
- Individual approaches to health for health visitors and school nurses (including associated practice period)
- Population approaches to Specialist Community Public Health Nursing
- Leadership in Health Care Practice
- Process of Enquiry at Level 6/Research Methods at Level 7
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise international students to apply as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1225 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Those wishing to access this programme must hold current registration as a Nurse or Midwife, hold a diploma or degree in Nursing or Midwifery or a cognate discipline, there is a requirement to have access to a vehicle when in placement.
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Part time fees: EU/EEA - 2,825 GBP per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.