With the globalisation of law at its centre, the Transnational Law LLM at King's College London prepares graduates for a career in a fast-changing global context, teaching competence to analyse complex legal problems through solid legal doctrine, training in transnational legal cultures, lawyerly practice, legal theory, and law’s global socio-economics.
- Taught by world leaders in their fields with a strong emphasis on rigorous analysis combined with ‘thinking outside the box’.
- A foundational core module on ‘Transnational Law and Global Governance’ and a ‘Transnational Law Colloquium’ featuring intensive interaction with experts from legal London and global practice and academia.
- Covering key areas in public law from a transnational law perspective, including human rights, development, refugee law, criminal law, policing & security and the interplay between domestic and international organizations.
- Covering key areas in transnational private law, including corporate governance, corporate restructuring, commercial arbitration, labour law, business & human rights, and family law.
In a competitive world we can give you the competitive edge to take your career to the next level. That’s why you’ll find our LLM programme is supplemented by opportunities to develop your skills and professional networks.The result is that students are presented with a wide range of employment destinations when they leave; from positions at the European Central Bank, European Commission and UN to commercial roles as investment bank analysts, tax or public affairs advisers, as well as careers in the legal profession; accountancy; management consultancy; human rights organisations and other voluntary bodies; academia.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Transnational Law: Actors, Norms, Processes – Foundations & Perspectives – Recommended for the Transnational Law pathway
- International Human Rights Law
- International Law & War
- Financial Risk Stability & Regulation
- International Refugee Law
- Transnational & Comparative Contract & Moveable Property Law
- Transnational Corporate Restructuring
- Human Rights in War Times: Armed Conflict, Military Operations & Post-Conflict Justice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 336 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree with high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 65%) in Law or a degree with at least 70% law content, or an equivalent international qualification and grading.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International27390 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27390 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA17310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17310 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £8,655 per year
- Overseas fees: £13,695 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.