Strategic Design at SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences represents the study of human behavior in context and latent, unmet needs and drive strategic value. Strategic designers study people's implicit attitudes, behaviors and motivations to gain insight about their openness to consider something new.
They use design thinking and design-specific skills translate these insights into transformative products and services, and they serve as an important human-centered catalyst to help venture teams create the future.
Strategic designers are adept at creating insightful venture opportunities and platforms, as well as compiling and analyzing ethnographic research and contextual design customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations.
Your career perspective
More than ever before, companies, institutions and startups alike are realizing that brand management and shaping a strategic brand identity are key to gaining and maintaining a competitive advantage. The demand for specialists in design and brand management, as well as, creative direction is accordingly high. Service Design or Experience Design are also popular occupations for Strategic Designers and alumni of our program.
Another professional field constantly growing in popularity for strategic designers is innovation management. Driving innovation in enterprises, institutions and startups is increasingly being led and moderated by strategically-trained designers, as they can connect creative and strategic processes. Strategic designers can be found in many strategy departments of large companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students are taught to approach design not as a merely decorative art or in order to beautify surfaces, but as a strategic resource for processes and companies.
- You will gain knowledge of methods and theories of corporate and brand management, design thinking, social design, transformation design, system thinking, critical thinking and strategic participation.
- You will learn user-centered research, focused synthesis and systematic development of ideas. You will acquire knowledge on creativity techniques, business models, sustainability, as well as, intercultural communication.
- Soft skills, such as presentation skills and the development of your personal leadership style, are specifically addressed and promoted through specially designed teaching units.
- The imparting of methods of scientific work creates the prerequisite for the preparation of a thesis in the fourth semester of study.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign View 24 other Masters in Design in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- As a prerequisite, we require a Bachelor's degree in Design, Architecture, Art, Photography or Film.
- Copy of your Bachelor’s degree and your Academic Transcript
- Your CV
- Letter of motivation
- A portfolio presenting 15 to 20 of your own works.
- Please provide all documents via Dropbox or WeTransfer.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International900 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 EUR per module and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA900 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 EUR per module and a duration of 24 months.
- per month
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.